Picking your sync mode can be difficult. This article aims to take the stress away and make the decision easier.
So how do you pick your sync mode?
PlanRight splits your sync options into two, Plan in PlanRight and Plan in WFM/XPM. The aim of this separation is to simplify where you use your data and create one centre of planning, where most of your work will be done.
Plan in PlanRight
This sync mode flow works best when you create the base jobs and tasks in WFM/XPM, but you do all your assignment work in PlanRight via the Schedule or the Jobs tab. In this mode, tasks are mostly PlanRight specific. That is to say, you should use this mode if you (or your staff) want to be able to do the following:
- View, place and edit more than one instance of a task within the job. WFM/XPM can only assign one staff member to one task. This mode has no such restriction.
- You DO NOT want your data automatically populated on the schedule
- Have independent task dates
For more in-depth information on Plan in PlanRight, have a look at our data guide here.
Plan in WFM/XPM
This sync mode flow works best when you set up all your data just the way you want it in WFM, and want a direct visualisation of the planned dates, staff assignments, and recorded time. You should use this mode if you (or your staff) want to be able to do the following:
- View, place and edit one task per staff per job.
- You DO want your data automatically populated on the schedule
- Have task dates directly synced from WFM. Whatever dates you put for the overall tasks will be populated
For more in-depth information on Plan in WFM/XPM, have a look at our data guide here.