PlanRight provides the following User roles, they are found and set in the Users page under the Settings menu.
- Standard: Standard users have access to the Schedule page and can view their capacity and tasks. When in Job Assign Mode they can allocate work to themselves and view the tasks of others who are also assigned to the Job. They can also log time against a task and view their timesheets.
- Standard (View All): Standard (View All) users have the same access as Standard users, but with the ability to choose to view (but not edit) all other staff members work load, not just those who are assigned to the same job as them.
- Read Only: Read Only users have access to the Schedule page and can view their capacity & tasks assigned to them. They can log time against the assigned tasks and view their timesheets. They are able to view the other users that have been assigned to the same Job.
- Read Only (View All): Read Only (View All) users have the same access as Read Only users but with the ability to view all the other staff members work load, not just those who are assigned to the same job as them.
- Manager: Manager users have access to the Schedule page and can view the capacity and tasks assigned to everyone in the organisation. They can view & allocate work to staff. They can also log time against a task and view timesheets.
- Admin: Admin users have access to the entire PlanRight app. They can view & allocate work to staff, access organisation settings and log time against tasks.
There are four sync modes. This is set in the XPM/WFM page under the Settings menu.
- Off: No data is sync'ed from WFM/XPM to PlanRight.
- Manual: Data is synced from WFM/XPM to PlanRight only when you click the sync buttons.
- Full sync: Data is synced automatically every four hours.
There are five possible values for Task Type and each affects how the task is treated by PlanRight.
- Fixed: Tasks that have to be done at a particular time (such as GST returns). Fixed work is included in capacity calculations.
- Internal: Tasks that have no fixed time but are regular (such as meetings). Internal tasks are included in capacity calculations.
- Not Set: This will hide the task from being displayed or included in any calculations. The task will still be displayed in the Jobs page and time entered will still display on the Timesheets page.
- Variable: Tasks which can be completed at anytime (such as client meetings). Variable work is included in capacity calculations.
- Ongoing: Tasks that have no fixed time but are worked on regularly (such as support). Ongoing work is included in capacity calculations.
PlanRight has a list of 10 statuses that a task can go through.
- Called In
- Ready to Start
- In Progress
- Queries with Client
- Ready for Review
- Sent to Partner
- Sent to Client
- Waiting on other Docs
Task statuses (except for Completed) aren't synced with WFM/XPM but are an easy way to help you keep track of your tasks within PlanRight. You can use them to manage your workflow in any way that suits you.
If you mark a task as Completed, however, this does get synced and marks the task as Completed in WFM/XPM as well.
- Current: Jobs that are open in WFM.
- Unallocated: Jobs that are current but don't have tasks allocated to any staff.
- Not started: Jobs that have been allocated but don't have any time logged against tasks.
- Started: Jobs that have time logged against tasks.
- Overdue: Jobs that are still open past their due date.
- Completed: Jobs that are completed. All tasks within the job must be marked as completed in order for a job to be marked as completed. This status is synced to & from WFM.
Tasks will be displayed with the following colours:
Task Date Types
- Start Date: The set start date of a job or task in Workflow Max/Xero Practice Manager. It is used when rolling over jobs in PlanRight.
- Planned Date: The date that a task is due to start on in PlanRight. You can set a different planned date for each staff working on a single task. This date is not synced back to WFM/XPM. The planned date can also be set using Task Defaults. The planned date in PlanRight can be set using the start date from WorkflowMax when the task is initially imported from WorkflowMax. But any edits to the planned date won't get synced back to WFM/XPM. The planned date is the start point of the task allocation bar that you drag & drop onto your schedule.
- Due Date: The date that a job or task is due to be completed by in WFM/XPM & PlanRight. This date is synced to PlanRight if the task in WFM/XPM is set as a scheduled task. The due date can also be set using Task Defaults. In Monthly planning mode, the due date for each task will be displayed in the Jobs page.
- End Date: The date a task allocation ends. The end date doesn't get synced to or from WFM/XPM. It is the end point of the task allocation bar that you drag & drop onto your schedule. In Weekly planning mode, the end date for each task will be displayed in the Jobs tab.
In Weekly Planning Mode
- Estimated Hours/Budgeted Hours: This is the estimated amount of time a task takes to be completed. A task's estimated hours are synced in from WFM and are displayed in the 'Update task' modal. In 'Assign mode' on the dashboard, it is displayed as 'Hours budgeted' against each task.
- Allocated Hours: This is the time allocated to each staff member for a task. Allocated hours are not synced to WFM. Allocated hours are displayed on the dashboard and in 'Assign mode.' In the 'Jobs' tab it is displayed as 'Effort' for each task. Each task allocation on the dashboard will have its own corresponding line in the 'Jobs' tab.
- Logged Hours: This is the time logged against a task. Staff can log hours within PlanRight or WFM. Logged time is displayed in the Timesheets tab and is synced both to & from WFM. Logged hours are displayed on the dashboard (when hovering over a task), in the 'Update task' modal, and in 'Assign mode.'
- Remaining Hours: This is the estimated time against a task minus any logged time. Remaining hours are displayed on the dashboard (when hovering over a task) and in the 'Update task' modal.
In Monthly Planning Mode
- Estimated Hours: A task's estimated hours are synced in from WFM and are displayed on the dashboard for each task and in the 'Update task' modal. It is also displayed as 'Days Planned' above the capacity bar on the dashboard. In the 'Planner' it shows as the total number hours of 'Fixed' & 'Variable' work for each month and in the column of unscheduled work. In the 'Jobs' tab it is displayed as 'Effort' for each task.
- Logged Hours: It's displayed as 'Days Completed' above the capacity bar on the dashboard and in the 'Update Task' modal. The 'Timesheets' tab is also accessible in Monthly Planning Mode, so the logged hours are displayed there as well.
- Remaining Hours: Remaining hours are only displayed in the 'Update Task' modal in Monthly Mode.
All hours are used when calculating staff capacity in both Weekly & Monthly planning modes.
Estimated Hours Remaining
In the Update Task modal, you can manually enter estimated hours remaining on a task. This is not synced to WFM or used in capacity calculations.